IT Service Desk Intern
Reference No: 579848
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of IT Service Desk Intern.
This is a Fixed Term Contract position based at Richmond, Johannesburg.
Job Summary: A Service Desk Intern is a student employee that assists the Service Desk Team provide quality technology support under the direct supervision of a senior Desktop Support Engineer or Service Desk Engineer.
Provides desktop support for the Practice ensuring all system users equipment is functional as per departmental and organisational requirements.
Minimum Criteria Required:
Relevant IT Certificate or studying towards an IT qualification
Experience: 3 to 5 years relevant experience Relevant
Key Performance Areas:
• Checks all allocated tasks to determine workflow for the day
• Executes tasks in order of importance as indicated by supervisor
• Captures progress and completion report so that supervisor can update status to management
• Provides basic instruction on usage of hardware and software to system users
• Continuously checks for new tasks on Meditech and assess level of attention required for attending to new tasks.
• Prioritises new tasks logged based on urgency and level of attention and allocate and route resources to ensure appropriate attention and optimal use of resources.
• Follows-up on existing and outstanding tasks to ensure successful completion and upon completion signing off on system.
• Accept technical support emails and calls to the IT Department and log.
• Forward technical support issues that cannot be addressed by the Service Desk to the appropriate
• Troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, and software-related problems, basic network and server access problems for end-users, issues with WAN, VLAN, firewall, VPN, etc. Remotely from the service desk.
• Assists the Service desk team to deliver technology support, deployment of new equipment, software installations, collecting of the equipment, inventory, and printer issues.
Ability to use own initiative
Planning and organising
Remuneration: Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level. PLEASE NOTE- Closing date: 2021-04-09 12:00:00 AM